Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter in Saipan






Hey Readers-
This Easter was a fun one and it was such a gorgeous day. It was also the first time in Saipan that I had seen the sunrise... I am not a morning person. Grant and I also watched the sunset since it is on our side of the island so on Easter we watched God's beautiful sunrise and sunset.
Our day started at 5:00 am when we got up and ready to go for the Sunrise Service. The Sunrise Service consists of all the local Christian churches and we met at the top of Mt. Tapochu which is the highest point in Saipan. We were not actually at the top top but high enough where we could watch the sunrise. It was a good time to reflect on Christ's love and to view His creation. After that we had a quick brunch and then came home to relax.
For Easter Lunch we went to Laura's parents house and had a Easter potluck. I brought my mom's meatballs which is a family tradition. One of my friends wondered if we did meatballs at every holiday and I said yes! Everyone loved them and Grant was sad to only of had one. We spent the afternoon talking, taking pictures, and dying eggs. Dying eggs was really fun, because we could feel like little kids again and enjoy coloring and dying the eggs. It was a good day to think about Christ's love for us and to spend it with friends. I feel so blessed to be able to have great friends to spend the holidays away from home with. One verse that stuck out to me this Easter was Mark 16:6 “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him." It reminded me that Christ has risen and we have new life in Him!
Enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment