Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ringing in the New Year by Hiking:)




On New Years Day a group of friends and Grant and I all went trekking to Bird Island. It was a beautiful day in Saipan and it is a fairly easy hike. We went to Bird Island to snorkel in the reef. It is gorgeous there because it is a Wildlife Sanctuary and it is protected so people can not take items from there. On the way I saw a purple starfish in the water and ran to it. It was so great to be able to hold it in my hand and to feel the sea life up close. We saw a lot of brightly colored fish and enjoyed our time snorkeling. Bird Island is one of my favorite hikes and it fun going again because you see something new each time. The best part was having Grant as my hiking partner!

1 comment:

  1. For four years I hiked to Forbidden Island on New Year's Day. I miss the island.

    ReplyDelete