Thursday, December 9, 2010

December








Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas Season. This is Grant and I's first Christmas without snow so it seems weird to be going to the beach in December and to not be breaking out the sweaters. We have been sending out Christmas cards and getting into the holiday season. This past weekend we spent time Christmas shopping at the local shops for our family back in the states. We actually had not been to too many shops since we have been here so it was fun to go exploring.
Our school, SCS, was a part of the Christmas tree decorating contest and we were able to see that while we were in the shopping area. They made all the decorations out of recycled materials, it was a neat concept.
At the end of the shopping time we went to Yellow Mango to get smoothies and I had been there earlier in the week and the lady recognized me and said smoothie? It was fun being a local and being remembered.
I also have a picture of Grant and the tuna. It is so neat being in Saipan and being able to buy fish straight from the boat. Grant cut the tuna and cooked it for Bible Study and for when friends came over.
In recent weeks we had a Taco Night and had some friends over. It was all couples and we ended up sharing our engagement stories and it was really cute hearing how everyone popped the question.
Last weekend we had a girls night out and we went to PIC. From there we went to Laura's house for a movie night. I love having a group of girls to chill with.
I also spent one night dying my friend Laura's hair. She bought two bottles since she has such long hair and then she did not need the extra bottle so our friend Jen who shared in the task of dying Laura's hair, wanted her hair dyed too. So I helped dye two people's hair. I have done this before and it is so fun seeing how the color turns out. It was a good girl bonding time.
We have one more week of school left and so it is crunch time with getting grading done and staying on top of it all. I am excited for the Christmas Party next Friday in my class, it should be a fun time. This weekend we have a Christmas Party with our friends and then on Monday we have our Bible Study Christmas Party, so lots of celebrating is coming our way!
Grant and I are also getting excited and prepared for our Christmas Trip to Japan. We will be in Osaka for 7 days. We are looking forward to being somewhere that is cold and seeing a new culture.
Miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about your Japan trip too! I can't wait to hear about it and see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete