Saturday, December 18, 2010

1st Grade Christmas Party!






Hi Everyone,
This was a week of celebrating the holiday season! On Friday our whole school had Christmas parties in their classroom. We are celebrating Jesus's birth and also the end of the semester!
One of my kids (Ezra) was so cute and this is what he said, "Who's birthday are we celebrating tomorrow." I say, "Jesus's." He says, "I love birthdays."
Parents brought in food for the celebration. I had a specific list so that way there would not be too much food, but that did not work. The culture here is all about potlucks and making sure to bring in a ton of food. It is not ok for them to not bring in something even though I told them that they all did not need to bring in food. Also on of my students parents owns a local grocery store so he brought in a lot of food too. So to say the least I had more food than the kids could handle.
We read Christmas books, made Santa paper bag puppets, ate lots of food, and watched a veggie tales Christmas. It was kinda stressful due to how excited they were and how messy they were, but it was worth it to see them having such a good time. I really enjoy my students and was glad to throw a party for them. Here are some pics from the event.
-Kara-

No comments:

Post a Comment