Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Time is Here








Hi Everyone~
On Sunday Night we went over to our friend's Josh and Elizabeth's house for a Christmas Party. She made Tamales, Mexican Rice, and a ton of other really good Puerto Rican dishes. It was super good. I brought my cupcakes:) which everyone loves! We all talked about what our Christmas Traditions were and it was neat getting to hear what everyone else had to say.
I kept thinking about how my family opens up our gifts to each other which we tape every year and then we go to my aunt's house to have our big family celebration. We always have lots of fun, food, and the gift exchange where we steal presents. 7 and 11 are hot! One tradition I shared that truly is unique is that Santa comes and visits every year at our aunt's house. I remember growing up and getting to sit on santas lap and thinking it was so cool that I got to see Santa giving us presents every year. 2 years ago Grant was Santa and it was a neat initiation into the family. On Christmas morning we always still get presents from Santa and then we eat a wonderful meal that always has lots of meatballs and mashed potatoes. I will miss not being home this Christmas.
We also had a good white elephant gift exchange and very few people stole from each other which is good because the stealing makes me nervous. Then we took a ton of pictures together! It was so great to share the holiday season with some amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment