Friday, March 2, 2012

Overload...

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to write a different sort of blog than I normally write. I usually write about an event that happened during my time in Saipan. This time I want to write about my thoughts and feelings during this part of my time in Saipan.
I am not writing this blog to complain about my life, but to give insight into what I have been going through lately in an attempt to share more of my experience at this time.
This week was a stressful one for me. The end of the quarter is next week so it is a time of getting grades in and preparing for the upcoming weeks. Also Thursday was Science fair night. Since the beginning of February, my students have been working on their individual science projects. I will blog more about this later:) The night went well and I enjoyed the time spent with the students and their parents.
Also tomorrow is Math Court- which is an extracurricular activity. I am going to proctor/grade the tests so my students are able to participate.
This was also the last week of the regular season for basketball. We have had 4 games and 1 practice this week.
I have just felt on over load during this time and at one point grabbed my notebook to write down all of my thoughts/responsibilities so I would not forget. After doing this I wrote in very big letters Pray!!!! Prayer is the only way to get through a stressful time.
This was also a big week for me because I was able to book our tickets for coming home! The school pays for our tickets home if we stay for 2 years and this week I was able to pick out our flights back to the states. This was a big occasion for Grant and I. We have been in Saipan for almost 2 years and have had a wonderful experience while we have been here. We know that living Saipan will be bittersweet and are enjoying our last few months in Saipan to the fullest extent. At the same time, we are both ready to start our lives in MN, to be closer to our friends, and most importantly be able to be close to our families. I miss my family immensely and can not wait to be able to hang out with them instead of only over skype. It truly is amazing how fast time is going. I made a slideshow for the science fair of the students in my class since the beginning of the year. It is amazing to see how much they have grown/changed since the beginning of the year and I can see them starting the process of changing into 2nd graders.
 So needless to say I am glad that this week is over and am ready to take the weekend to recuperate since this next week is the last week of 3rd quarter.
It has been a stressful time lately but I have made myself stop and look around to what is going on around me. I have enjoyed being able to work with my students, coach, and to develop/maintain friendships with the people around me.
Oh and on Sunday I am going to the spa with the girls:) I cant wait!
Good night!
Kara
Some of my basketball girls before a game!

3 comments:

  1. You're right, that WAS a stressful week! I hope you enjoy a relaxing weekend. (O: Oh, and we think Jason is going to teach 2nd grade next year, so it looks like he will have your kiddos! (O:

    ReplyDelete
  2. the spa was JUST what you needed! love you Kara!

    ReplyDelete