Saturday, February 4, 2012

What this is Winter? January Update



Hi Readers, Family, and Friends,
So winter in Saipan is definitely not like the winter in the Midwest. It has gotten cooler in the mornings where it will drop between 70-75 degrees and it is trade wind season where there is a breeze coming through but it does not compare to the snow and ice we are used to. For me, I love the change. I love summer and so a place that has summer all the time is amazing. Grant on the other hand, longs for snowy days and for spending time curled up inside reading a book. So when we move to MN he will be a happy camper!

The beginning of January started off with fireworks- literally and I was able to spend New Years with my Saipan friends and my friend Megan who flew all the way from Iowa to spend time with me:)
Megan and I at the spa.

 There has been a ton of time spent at the beach in January which is something I treasure since pretty soon going to the beach won't be an option. My girl friends and I go to the beach every Saturday afternoon and on most Sunday afternoons as well. It is a pretty great routine!
Pretty Nails at the Hyatt beach.
Becky, Anna, and I.
Anna and I.

Alison, Me, and Becky.
.
Grant and I also had a fun date night in January where we spent the Christmas money from my parents to go to the Hard Rock Cafe. The HRC is one of the most expensive restaurants to go to so we have only gone a handful of times to the eat there. It was a fun night since Grant and I were able to go out and to not have to worry about the cost. We ordered what we wanted and even shared a milkshake. We paid to keep the glass as a souvenir and we had spent so much money we were able to have a free shot glass. It was a fun night of getting to talk and have fun as a couple.
Eating dinner at the HRC.

Grant smiling with our shared milkshake.



One of our favorite places to go to watch the sunset and to eat is at Pacific Islands Club hotel. Anna, Becky, Grant, and I went out there one night and it was so much fun to relax by the water and to enjoy some great food.
Anna, Me, and Becky. Can't you tell it is a bit cooler in Saipan?

My hubs and I.


 Every month or so I go with my friends to make cards. It is through Jill Arvenoski who works with the company Stampin Up. This month we made birthday cards, valentine cards, and bridal cards. It was a relaxing way to spend a Saturday and it is ok to take a break from the sun every once in awhile:)
Me hard at work.

Amy, Me, and Becky with our finished products.
A bunch of us girls went to see our friend Laura K. perform in the Friends of the Arts play "The Miracle Worker." Laura starred as Annie Sullivan. We had a lot of fun watching the play, but since we had some time to waste before the play we had fun jumping and taking pictures!
Amy, Becky, Anna, Lynette, Grace, and Me.

Becky, Lynette, and Grace jumping!

Me, Anna, and Amy jumping!

Laura, starring as Annie Sullivan.

Let's fight?
So as you can see January has been another action packed month of fun for us in Saipan. To be honest we do work M-F but we always make time for relaxing and fun events with friends. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful Christian girl friends who make being in Saipan a party everyday!!!!
Hope you enjoy the pics and the stories! We shall see what February will bring!
Signing off,
Kara

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just wanted to leave a quick note to say I really enjoy reading your blog. My husband, daughter and I are moving to Saipan this July and I'm really thankful for all the insights you guys share about the island. (I think we might even be purchasing some of your apartment amenities? Jason told me who he spoke to on FB, but I don't exactly remember.) Anyway, thanks for posting such great reviews and stories about your life on Saipan. It makes me that much more excited to get over there! (O:

    ReplyDelete