Monday, February 20, 2012

High in the Sky!

On Saturday, Feb 18, 5 of my girl friends and I went parasailing! It was the last thing to do on my Saipan bucket list. (trust me I will still enjoy the last 3 months of my time here)  We went through the company B- Sea Sunsports  http://b-sea.com/en/marine_sports/ and were able to get the local discount on the price.  It was fun getting to ride in the speed boat and to enjoy the beautiful day! We could not have asked for better weather! Each of us had around 8 min to be 40 feet in the air. When you first start you get strapped and hooked in and then you are ready to go, from there you stand in the back and then they bring you straight up. It was so amazing to be able to see the beauty of Saipan from the sky! It was neat to be able to see Managaha from up high, which is something I have wanted to see.  I had a really great time being in the sky, it was very peaceful and I did end up taking my camera up there so it was neat to be able to share the view that I got to experience. I was not scared at all and had a blast being able to fly for a bit. Then they slowly bring you down, dip you in the water, and then bring you back up one more time before lowering you back into the boat. It was fun to be able to watch my friends go up in the air and to have fun hanging out in the boat, listening to the island music. All of us talked about how we wish that we had a boat, because that would make Saipan even more fun.
Taking a picture of myself while parasailing!

Looking at the water below.

The view of the boat from up high.

Managaha!

Me chillin in the air!

Me in the air!

Amy getting excited to go!

Here we go!

Lynette, Rachel, and Anna telling what order they were going.

Rachel in the air.

The whole group: Lynette, Becky, Me, Rachel, Anna, and Amy.

Amy and I on the boat.

Rachel and Anna on the boat.
Getting ready to go!

This is one of my favorite pictures from the day, Anna getting nervous about going and Becky in the background in the sky!

Anna and Becky on the boat.
One of the guides took this artistic shot.

It was one of the best Saturdays ever of being in Saipan! It was a wonderful experience I was able to share with my friends!  I would recommend parasailing to anyone who has an adventurous side!
-Kara-

2 comments: