Saturday, May 14, 2011

KJ's 24th Birthday!








Hi Everyone~
This Friday the 13th was my 24th Birthday! I felt so loved by the people in my life and had a really good celebration. The celebration started last Friday the 6th when my friend Amy threw me a birthday party with all my girl friends. The 5 of us headed to Wild Bill's for dinner which is my favorite restaurant on the island-they have the best burgers- and had a great time talking and eating. From there we came back to my apartment and Grant had decorated the place with streamers, it was so cute! Grant gave all of the girls flowers for being such good friends to me and they really enjoyed them. After some great cake we headed to World Resort for karaoking!!!! We had a great time in the orange room singing our hearts out! Such a fun time! I have really started to enjoy karaoking since coming to Saipan. I felt so loved that night and loved hanging out with my girls on the island, they really are the best. :)
For the day of my birthday I spent the night before making lots and lots of cupcakes for the staff and my students at school. I always thought it made more sense for someone else to make you something for your birthday but at our school if it is your birthday you bring the treats. I love making cupcakes so I had a lot of fun putting together 70 cupcakes after the Uke Jam. Grant said that there was no way they would all be gone but low and behold all of them were eaten! People really enjoyed my cupcakes and that makes me feel really good to know I have a talent! I was sung to three times at school. Once by the staff, once in front of the whole school at chapel, and my kids dang to me too. It was so great! My kids were so sweet to me on the day and kept telling me happy birthday and asking when they could have their cupcakes. (one tract minds):) After school Grant and I went swimming in the ocean and had a relaxing time. From there the adventure really began. I wanted to go to Tony Roma's for my birthday because it is a fancy place and I love their free birthday desserts. Our car has been in the shop for a week and the mechanic said that it had been working well that day and we could take it that night. We got about a mile down the road and it died on us. I was in tears because I just wanted to get to dinner and car troubles makes me feel helpless. The car guy came to our rescue and drove us to dinner which was really nice. At dinner we had a wonderful time eating and celebrating together. The staff sung happy birthday to me and I got a free birthday dessert which was amazing! We ended up taking our first cab ride in Saipan back home. It was an eventful day but I am so happy to have so many people in Saipan who love and care about me!!!!!
So it was a wonderful birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment