Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chinese New Year!








Dear Friends, Family, and Readers,
Last night Grant and I celebrated Chinese New Year with our friends. After a long stressful week of teaching and progress reports it was a nice stressfree time. We all went to Laura and Josiah's for a Chinese dinner. (Grant made rice and stirfry and I made Chinese cupcakes) If you are wondering what Chinese cupcakes are let me tell you, they are cupcakes with red and yellow frosting. Yum. My cupcakes are famous in my friend group and I take every excuse to make some!
We played a Chinese game called Mahjong which is Chinese solitaire. It was confusing at first, especially since the numbers were in Chinese, but after a free rounds it made sense. After that we played the Game of Things which is one of my new favorite games. It is where there is a card that is read such as, "What not to scream at the top of your lungs" and then everyone writes down their personal response. Then we go around and try to guess who said what and then you get points for guessing correctly. It was pretty fun! It was a great night of being able to hang out with friends and catch up on life. Here are some pics from the night! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The Game of Things is one of my favorite games too! Such a great game :)

    I love reading your blog and seeing what the two of you are up to. Looks like so much fun! And warm! :)

    Katie Kenig

    ReplyDelete