Monday, May 7, 2012

23 Days...

I can not believe that it is May already. Boy has time flown and it amazes me that I only have 23 days left in Saipan. With being here for 2 years I have felt at times that my time here is infinite. Time in Saipan feels different compared to time in the states since the seasons do not change. It is always Summer in Saipan! For example my Easter and Thanksgiving pictures look exactly the same. So how am I feeling? Well, I have decided to enjoy my last month in Saipan and to life my life to the fullest. I have done everything I have wanted to do but am wanting to spend lots of time with my friends and at the beach. I do think about our future after Saipan but I am trusting God that He will fill in the pieces of the puzzle for us. We know that we are headed to grad school in the fall but we need jobs starting this summer. Grant and I have been applying to places to work in St. Paul MN. Grant has had one interview and have received rejection letters from some of the places we have applied. I am trying to stay focused on being in Saipan because otherwise I would be consumed with worry about what is ahead. All I know is that God brought us to Saipan and He has made it clear that we our next move will be in the states. The school has also hired all of the teachers for next year which is exciting for the school since last year they were hiring up until july. Knowing this makes it easier to leave knowing that people will come and fill our spots. I do love our school, saipan, and the life we have here but I am ready to move on. I have always been one of those people who lives fully where they are not looking ahead and waiting for whats next. I do look forward to a lot that comes with being back in the states: seeing my and Grant's family, seeing friends, eating at our favorite places, moving to a new city, starting a new life... but I am holding off on thinking too much about them because I want to enjoy my short time I have left on the island I love. So in the end it will be bittersweet to end and I will continue to do what I always do: be fully present right where I am.
Here is a picture of my friends and I at the spa from this weekend:
The Mandi Spa- my favorite place on Saipan, it truly feels like a piece of heaven!

23 days!

1 comment: