Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Friends and Thai Food

Hi,
In April is two of my friends(Laura and Alison) birthdays in Saipan. Both parties ended up involving Thai food. Most of you who know me are probably surprised by this since I am a non-adventurous eater. I have really enjoyed Thai food since being in Saipan. As long as it is not super spicy I enjoy it! This is a good thing because I do want to go to Thailand someday. I will need to find a Thai restaurant in St. Paul, MN when we move there.
On April 14th we celebrated my friend Laura's birthday. I planned the party for her and since she does not like surprises I told her all the plans ahead of time. We first ate at Thai House which is a restaurant I had not been to yet. It is a small restaurant with beautiful decorations and great service. From there we went to Laura's apartment pool for some night swimming. I was thinking of the most fun I had ever had with friends while being in Saipan and night swimming was at the top of the list. We ate cupcakes by the pool and spent the night talking and hanging out in the pool. Everyone had a fun night and enjoyed being with friends.

On April 21st we headed to Spicy Thai for Alison's birthday dinner. We sat outside and ate Thai food. Grant ate a whole fish and I had to take a picture since it looked so cool. (I would never eat a whole fish though:) It was a fun time of getting to talk with friends and enjoy some wonderful food.

I am so thankful that Jesus has blessed me with so many great girl friends while I have been in Saipan. I have a million memories with all of them and countless conversations that I will never forget. The ocean and my friendships with them will be what I miss most from Saipan. (I truly am a fish:)

This coming Saturday night my friends and I are having a girls day and a sleepover at night. I can already tell it is going to be a fun night with all the things we have planned. Even though I am married and 24 it is awesome that I can still have sleepovers and feel like a kid!

Enjoy the pictures!

Rach and I at Laura's Birthday Dinner.

The birthday girl(Laura) and her husband (Josiah).

Anna, Becky, and Lynette at Thai House.

Brian and Grant getting ready excited about Thai food.

My meal.

The entire group.

The girls in the pool!

Me with the birthday girl.

Laura with the cupcakes I made for her(the funny part was  that it was so dark she could not see the  color of the frosting).

Grant and Josiah, the first people in the pool.

Grants dinner at Spicy Thai.

The birthday girl (Alison) and her husband (Nate).

Becky, Rach, and Anna at Alison's birthday dinner.

Laura, Amy, and I at dinner.

1 comment: