Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Time in Saipan


Dear Readers,

So unfortunately Grant and I could not go on our planned Thanksgiving trip to Palau. The airline decided to cancel all of their flights for the rest of the month. I was upset at first but when I realized that some people who had taken their first flight and could not come back through that airline and had to book another ticket through a different airline home that God was watching out for us and that our trip was canceled for a reason. So we are still waiting for our refund and will not use Fly Guam again.
So we decided to make the most of our break and we have had lots of fun doing some of our favorite things on Saipan.
For Thanksgiving we were invited to our friend Laura's parents house. We went there last year for Thanksgiving and Easter and have enjoyed getting to celebrate the holidays with our friends. We are thankful to have people who invite us into their homes when our homes are so far away.
I made meatballs to bring to the potluck. Meatballs are a staple in my family holiday menu. This year I forgot to get an onion and was worried that they would not turn out but they turned out just fine.
We spent Thanksgiving celebrating with friends that we have made during our time on the island. I also was able to get to know a girl from church that I had not been able to really get to know before. There was a lot of food ranging from turkey to potatoes. It was a pretty traditional Thanksgiving meal.
Girl Pic: From the Left: Rachel, Me, Amy, and Grace.

Grant and I.

After eating my friends and I thought it would be fun to take jumping pictures(with a full stomach mind you). We have been doing this a lot and the pictures are always so fun! Here is one of our pictures:
Amy and I jumping  
After that we spent the rest of the afternoon playing coconut bocce ball. So the game has the same rules as bocce ball where you have to hit or get the closest to the prized bocce ball. So we had a green coconut as the prized ball and we all took turns trying to hit it. It was hilarious to watch how everyone was throwing and how the cocunts would go every which way. I even ended up winning and then after that my coconut rolled down the hill:(  It was definitely a new ay to have fun!
The group of athletes.

Rachel and I with our game faces.
A coconut flying towards the prized coconut.
The people we shared our meal with.

Rachel and Alison.

Laura, Me, and Rachel.



Happy Thanksgiving to all of our friends and family!
Kara

1 comment:

  1. aww what a great post!! Thanksgiving was so much fun this year- especially "extreme coconut bocce ball"!

    ReplyDelete