Saturday, September 24, 2011

September in Saipan

Hi Everyone,
This will be a highlight of September blog for me:) There has been so much happening lately that quite honestly I was too busy to blog. I have had a great month of hanging out with friends, enjoying teaching, and loving the beauty of the island. I have definitely been taking a lot less pictures this year which is hard for me to say since I always have a camera on me, but Saipan really feels like home right now and I don't have this feeling like I have to quick take pics so I won't forget.
To start off the post here is a pic from the outdoor Street Market on Thursday nights. The pic has Laura, Anna, and I.
The next pictures are from the girl sleepover night. All of my girlfriends and I got together for pizza and hanging, and chick flicks. It was a really fun time:) Anna, Becky, and I ended up staying up until 3 am since we were having so much fun just being girls.

The next picture is from going to PIC happy hour with the girls. We had a good time watching the sunset and talking.

The next pictures are from a housewarming party with Jake and Jackie from church. The first picture is of Bobby and Debbie  and Chris and Joyce whom are friends of ours from church/school. The second pic is of Alison, Rachel and I.

The next pictures are of going to 360 revolving restaurant with Becky and Grant. It was a gorgeous night and from there you can see all sides of the island.

Becky and I went to Wave Jungle in Saipan a few Saturdays ago and really enjoyed riding on the water slides, going on the lazy river, and playing in the wave pool. It is my favorite water park in Saipan.

The next picture is from the hike that I planned after church. Grant and I went with a bunch of church friends and went to Old Man. It is called Old Man by the sea because the rock formation looks like an old man's face.
The next pictures are from learning how to play Canasta with some great friends.

On a Saturday Anna, Rachel, Becky, and I spent the afternoon sitting by the beach at the Hyatt and swam a bit too. It was super relaxing and it will be one of the things I miss when I leave Saipan.



 The next pictures are from our friend Matt's birthday party at the Hard Rock Cafe.


The last picture is of Taco Tuesday. Taco Tuesday means they have 1 dollar tacos at the bar Godfathers. They are wonderful and the best tacos on the island. We have been going every week with our friends and loving the fun times together. This picture is of my co-workers (friends too) and I at Taco Tuesday.
So in summary, September has been a great month. I feel so blessed to have so many great friends to have adventures on Saipan with. My SCS buddies are wonderful and I love how I can go next door and just feel comfortable and have a good chat. Anna, Becky, and I have been watching a lot of shows together and having some dance parties too:) I have also enjoyed that my friends from last year and this year and I can all hang out together. It is so nice:) Grant and I along with our friend Becky joined the gym this month and have enjoyed working out and starting to stay fit. Fitness is important to us and so we finally decided to join and it was the perfect time since they had a deal going on. Grant has started scuba lessons and he will blog on that eventually. I also have been getting a bit homesick this time of the year since Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I miss the changing of the leaves, Husker football, carving pumpkins, going to the pumpkin patch, and the corn maze. Saipan feels like a time warp at times with the weather being mostly consistent throughout the year so it is hard to pinpoint when things happened. I am so glad that Grant and I are on this adventure together and am excited to see what the next month will bring.
Love,
Kara

1 comment: