Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!






St. Patrick's Day is a day that I actively celebrate since I am 1/4 Irish:) I decided to talk to my students about what this day is about and to celebrate it with them. I told them all to wear as much green as possible on this day. We read books about leprechauns, gold, and rainbows during story time. The day before St. Patrick's Day the students cut out and decorated shamrocks with green tissue paper, my kids are very hands on learning and enjoyed it a lot! The day of St. Patrick's Day I spent the last part of school with them celebrating. I made my famous cupcakes with green frosting. I have never made my cupcakes for them before and was glad that they enjoyed them so much. Then the student had the opportunity to sponge paint shamrocks for an art project. The kids had a lot of fun and now know what St. Patrick's Day is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment