Friday, November 26, 2010

A Tropical Thanksgiving






Grant and I are so blessed that we had 2 Thanksgiving dinners this week. One for our bible study that we go to weekly and we were invited to our friend Laura's parents house for Thanksgiving. It was a great week of food and friends. I made my mom's meatball recipe since we needed to bring something that reminded us of home and meatballs are it. They were a hit with none left over and I have had requests for me to make them again. At Thanksgiving we had to mention what we were thankful for and I said that I am thankful for my husband Grant since he is the one who encouraged me to go to Saipan which has been a wonderful experience. Grant is thankful for how good God is.
We spent Thanksgiving talking with friends, eating lots of food, walking around their garden, watching a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and playing games. Grant and I miss our families back home a lot, but are so thankful that we have good friends here to celebrate the holiday with!
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment