Friday, October 22, 2010

New Events




I made it through conferences with parents and let me tell you, they were good, bad, and in between. I spent most of my week last week in the classroom working on grading and grade reports. Now, i truly know how hard it is to be a teacher and the extra hours you put in without pay.
I am glad that it is over and have had a more normal week this week.
I have started playing tennis on Tuesdays with a lady from the church and it is helping me get back in shape. I took a tennis class in college and that is about it for me, but i am loving it.
I have joined a dance class at the local gold's gym and am loving it. It is a hip-hop class and I have 3 friends in the class. I feel as though I am getting the steps down more each time. Dancing has always been a love of mine and am so glad to be doing it again.

This week our car window got stuck so we had it in the shop for a few days. We ended up not having to pay anything since he put it back up for us and now we just use our air con otherwise it would have been about 300 dollars for the window regulator to be fixed.

I really enjoyed managaha 2 weeks ago, it felt as though i was in an aquarium. One of the tourists gave me bread to feed the fish and they surrounded me. They were so colorful and so close. It is a beautiful place to go and the best part it is free since i am a local! Can't wait to go again.
I have also been enjoying the bible studies grant and i have been in. They are refreshing and I have loved getting to know new people from the church.

I had a student say this to me," Mrs. Fifield you are so pretty." Why, I ask? Because your hair is yellow. It made me just stop and think about how they see me as beautiful because they are not used to seeing "yellow" hair. My kids are pretty cute. Last week we made pumpkin crafts and have been talking about pumpkins and fall in class. It is a hard concept to learn about leaves changing colors when that does not happen here.
Each week I am feeling more at home here and have made some great friends. I love the church community and I feel as though I am becoming a better teacher each week. I miss you all!
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment