Friday, October 7, 2011

Talk Like a Pirate Day!

September 19th was National Talk Like a Pirate Day! Our school celebrated this special day by having the staff and students dress up as pirates. In my classroom the kids made pirate hats, earrings, and eye patches. It was a lot of fun and the kids really enjoyed getting to  spice up the normalcy of everyday school.
As a staff we also had Pirate Names given to us: mine was Mad Dog Madison. It was a great day and even though it took work to get the materials together, it was worth it.




The first picture is of a student and I. The second picture is of my whole class. The third picture is Mrs. Flores and I. The fourth picture is our principal and his wife, so funny! The fifth picture is of a student dressed as a pirate.

The last two pictures are of my students dressed as pirates.

Right now it is the end of the first quarter. I can not believe how fast this first quarter has gone. My little first graders are getting bigger everyday. I definitely think the 2nd  year of teaching goes faster than the first, maybe it is because you know more of what you are doing:) This week has been busy with getting the grades done and will be able to relax soon.  This weekend is a 3 day weekend due to Columbus Day so Grant and I are both excited to chill on the island. Enjoy the pics.
Love,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment