Friday, June 24, 2011

Saipan, MP Life








Dear Friends, Family, & Readers:

I thought I would post short pictures with descriptions that detail some of our daily life experiences in Saipan that tend to be different than what we see in the states.

1. Is a picture of the toes of my right foot that were bruised when the flip flops I was wearing failed to give me the tread I needed when hopping over a muddy pool of water. The toes were not broken and are healing nicely. It is the exact reason my wife and I bought Choco Sandals.

2. Pictures of advertisements before the movie showings in Saipan's only movie theater. In the states there are public service ads/announcements, but the kind we have in Saipan are often related to the ocean so I thought I would post a few since many of you will not make it out here.

3. A picture of the termites we had crawling in through the cracks in our front door. There is a termite season on Saipan and this year was mild compared to the stories we hear from those who have been on the island longer. I suppose it could be similar to army worms coming out in my home town of Duluth, MN. The termite season starts around the beginning of the dry season. They fly out in the thousands from their nests and then die a short time later and their wings fall off as they die so that the begin to resemble red ants...

No comments:

Post a Comment